Final Reflection For American Literature

    This semester was unlike any other courses that I've taken throughout high school. The fall of 2020 was the hardest season I have experienced in my lifetime. In the last couple weeks alone, more people have died from the Covid-19 pandemic than in the 9/11 attack and Pearl Harbor attack combined together. It seemed like the country has lost it's mind.

    After all of this, you would start to think that school would fall apart. This is true because a lot of things have changed, but there was one class that stood out in my memory. In my English 3 class, my teacher threw out a challenge on the very first day of school. The students and I got to choose how we wanted the course to run. From that point on, we had the opportunity to make choices and commitments that would define our learning for the rest of the semester.

     This semester was unlike any other because never did we ever write daily journals or have such easy homework. Although some of it could be very overwhelming, most of it was pretty easy. What I found most meaningful this semester was the daily journals because before this school year, I know for a fact that I've never written this much everyday
     
    I'm most proud of all the work that I've done because even though I missed a few weeks at the beginning of the school year, I got caught up on most of my daily journals and I've written and turned in all my essays on time. Something that I wished I had done differently was just being there from the start of the semester instead of slacking off the first 3 weeks. This is what I wished I had done differently because every now and then, I still regret it.

    What I learned in this course was whenever I was feeling stressed or overwhelmed, then I should just breathe because Mr. Preston taught us to take a 60 second breather. Three texts that I've read this semester were Fahrenheit 451, The Pedestrian, and Young Goodman Brown. Three literary techniques that made those texts effective were denotation, myth, and characterization.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Journal Topics

Fahrenheit 451 Essay